Tax Season Preparation | Source Documents

Upload any of the following applicable financial documents to the client portal. If you have not set up your client portal, please call us at 469-567-3017.


  • All 2018 W2s received for you and your spouse if you’re filing jointly
  • Form 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B (all pages), 1099-S
  • K1s from partnerships, S corps, and trusts
  • Statements of distributions from retirement accounts (Form 1099-R)
  • Statements of income from Social Security (Form 1099-SSA)
  • Any Cancellation of Debt reported on 1099-C or 1099-A
  • Records of other income which could include: unemployment, state tax refunds, gambling income & losses, spousal support or alimony, jury duty, hobby income/expenses, and prizes or awards
  • Closing documents (the final HUD settlement statement) on any real estate transactions during 2018
  • Anything else that identifies income


  • Records of any spousal support or alimony you paid in 2018, including the social security number of the recipient. Please Include a copy of your alimony agreement.
  • Health Savings Account contributions and distributions, Form 1099-HSA and 5498-HSA
  • Traditional IRA or Roth IRA contributions/year-end values reported on Form 5498 or December 2018 statement
  • Health insurance information: did you purchase in the market place, was it provided by your employer, and were you covered for the entire year? Please submit Form 1095-a, 1095-b, or 1095-c. You may need to login to your account to download your 1095.
  • Colleges attended, tuition, books, supplies, equipment, fees, and Form 1098-T for all members of the family
  • Student loan interest paid, and Form 1098-E
  • Details of estimated tax payments paid to the IRS and state taxation authorities


  • A copy of QuickBooks if you use this software for business bookkeeping
  • All income and expenses if you use another method of bookkeeping such as a Balance Sheet, Income Statement, General Ledger, or Excel
  • Copies of 2018 business bank statements if you have not reconciled your checking account
  • Any 1099-MISC and 1099-K received for your business
  • Records of all major purchases of $500 or more for machinery, equipment, and furniture. Include the date of purchase and item description
  • Inventory records (beginning and ending inventory) and purchases
  • Mileage logs for 2018. Include both total business and total miles you drove between January 2018 and December 2018


  • Medical expenses including co-pays, prescriptions, dentists, eye doctors, hospital, medical mileage
  • Health insurance paid out of pocket
  • Long term care insurance premiums
  • Mortgage interest paid Form 1098
  • Real estate taxes if not included on Form 1098
  • Personal property taxes
  • State and local income taxes paid in addition to amounts withheld on paychecks
  • Investment interest expenses including margin account interest and interest on investment property
  • Total cash contributions to charitable organizations
  • Records of non-cash charitable contributions including the date and the value of the donated property
  • The total amount of volunteer miles driven in 2018
  • Details of casualty theft or loss
  • Union dues, job hunting expenses, unreimbursed employee expenses including travel, supplies, equipment, professional association dues, and non-commuting business miles
  • Tax preparation fees, safe deposit box fees, investment advisor fees
  • Sales tax paid on a purchase not made during a normal year


  • Dependent care expenses including the amount paid, provider’s name, address, telephone and tax ID number
  • Adoption expenses if you adopted or finalized an adoption in 2018
  • Residential energy credits including costs for solar panels, geothermal and other energy efficient improvements like windows and doors
  • If you received a First Time Homebuyers Credit in prior years, please make sure I have records of the original purchase and any correspondence from the IRS regarding the credit
  • If you qualify for the Earned Income Credit, you will need to bring a copy of your children’s report card (other documents are acceptable also) as part of the documentation requirements. Additional documentation may be required if you also have a Schedule C business